The garden and the park
The 10 acres around the castle
have been redesigned using to the best the remains of its previous successive
settings. The most ancient elements date from the Renaissance period. Among
them, some remarkable box trees and 500 years old green oaks.
A little parterre in classical French style on the north side leads to 4
squares of wild prairies framing a large alley planted with limetrees in 1825. Inside the grove, a stream, a bassin and a fountain bring animation and
coolness into the woods.
of the castle
From the original castle remains today the main XVth and XVIth
century building and three towers which still bear their original Renaissance
The north facade, facing the park, is framed by two defensive round towers.
The high west walls plunge into a pond, remains of the original moat.
On the south side, the castle sunny terrace overlooks the surrounding countryside.
An hexagonal tower embeded into the Renaissance main building brings rhythm
to the facade.